Mission: The Sonoma Environmental Education Collaborative catalyzes cooperation between organizations to cultivate professional excellence and amplify impacts.
We collaborate to:
- Increase Sonoma County resident’s enjoyment, engagement, stewardship and support for the environment.
- Increase individual and collective knowledge, skills, and best practices within our profession.
- Increase individual and collective knowledge about our communities.
- Increase individual and collective knowledge about the environmental, social and political climate of our region.
Our goals are:
- Share best practices for environmental education experiences that would be inherent in all programming.
- Establish and maintain an ongoing connection between participating organizations to coordinate and magnify efforts.
- Provide comprehensive communication linking our communities to upcoming outdoor activities and ecologically based virtual activities.
SEEC members meet monthly to network, discuss and share information about regional environmental education efforts, and promote work of the SEEC committees. A “leadership by consensus” approach is pursued by SEEC to maintain the spirit of an open forum where the responsibility for meetings and projects are shared by all member organizations.
SEEC’s Facebook group serves as a public forum for environmental, outdoor, and place based education in and around Sonoma County and the Greater San Francisco Bay Area. To join, click here.